After each use, we clean our flotation tanks for your safety and comfort and take all necessary steps to ensure a comfortable, clean and safe floating experience for you. It is critical that you thoroughly read, understand and comply with the following safety procedures and instructions. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Do Not Use The Tank If
- A qualified person has not showed you how to use the i-sopod floatation tank.
- You are currently under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or illegal substances.
- You are injured or have open or bleeding wounds.
- You suffer from incontinence, nausea or epilepsy, high blood pressure and are not on medication and have not consulted with your doctor
- You were medically advised not to float.
- You are not confident of being able to get out due to lack of personal mobility.
- You are under 18 years old, and have not obtained parental consent.
- You recently received a tattoo within a week.
- Women only – If you are on that time of the month please reschedule for a week ahead
Amenities & What To Bring
At Serene Dreams we pride ourselves on customer service and we try to anticipate your every need. Here is a list of the amenities we provide:
- Body Wash
- Contact Lens Solution
- Hair Dryer
- Reusable Ear Plugs
- Towel ($2 Towel fee)
You may wish to bring personal hygiene items such as:
- Your own towel
- Slippers/Flip Flops
- Hairbrush and/or Comb
- Shaving Supplies
Before Using the Float Tank
- Eat a light meal an hour prior to avoid hunger or nausea inside the pod
- Thoroughly read the ‘Waiver of Liability, Hold Harmless Agreement and Acknowledgement.’This document contains important information regarding floatation hygiene and safety. You must fully understand and agree to the terms and restrictions in in this document before floating.
- Tell the staff member if you would like continuous music from our selection. We suggest 10 minutes at the start of your float, which automatically fades to 50 minutes of silence.
- You will have a private room and your own shower. Use the bathroom if necessary and take a shower in your private bathroom (soap and shampoo are provided). Use the toilet if necessary.
- Dry your hands and fit the ear plugs. Fit them “well in” as your ears are just below the water line. The earplugs will not stop you from hearing the music.
- Please remove all jewelry, make-up, hairpieces and contact lenses. You may also remove all your clothing.
- The water matches your skin temperature and is only 12.20 inches deep. It contains 1,102.31 lbs of dissolved Epsom salts, which allows you to float effortlessly on the surface. This high concentration of salt may cause slight itchiness at first. If you have just shaved, waxed or have any cuts or scratches, dry your skin thoroughly and apply a thin layer of Vaseline (provided on the shelf in the room).
- Do not add perfumes, bath salts or other chemicals to the water. Do not smoke, drink or eat in the tank.
How To Float
- Open the tank door
- Hold the sides for stability, enter the tank, and sit down facing into the tank. Move to the center and gently lower yourself back into the solution until you are floating face up in the i-sopod, however, it’s virtually impossible to drown. Do not under any circumstances, turn on your belly or go face down into the tank. Always remain on your back.
- You may switch the lights on or off at any time during your floatation session and you may open or close the door at any time. Rest assured that the door will not lock shut; you can push it open at any time.
- First time customers often put their hands behind their neck, or use a neck support cushion. Most find it comfortable to allow their arms to float naturally by their sides.
- Try not to splash because water droplets may sting your eyes. If this happens, rinse your eyes with the water bottle hanging inside the tank.
- Relax your body. Your brain will take time to settle down and you will probably have a good “think” at first. This may continue for some time, but don’t be frustrated; your body is relaxing regardless. Be patient! You will eventually “drift off.”
- At the end of your floatation session, as the music returns, turn on the lights and sit up.
- Open the door by pushing up on any part of the door.
- Stand up and carefully step out of the tank by holding the sides, taking care not to slip.
- Shower and thoroughly wash your hair to remove the Epsom salts.
- Be sure to rinse your ears thoroughly after floating, as in rare cases, if allowed to crystallize on the eardrum, the salt can cause earaches.
Other Things To Keep In Mind
- People with sports injuries or back pain may experience some discomfort in the early stages. Your brain focuses on even minor sensations due to a near complete lack of “feeling” elsewhere. Bear with it—aches and pains will ebb away.
- The Back Pain Association recognizes floating as very effective pain relief, but it takes about 30 minutes for muscles to relax completely. Please do not become frustrated if it takes you a while for your mind to settle down—everyone experiences this. After the session you will realize the full benefits.
- Remember that you are in a private room, so you can leave the tank door open if you wish (you may feel a chill if you leave the tank open for the whole hour!). Alternatively, you can prop the door open. You may also want to leave the tank’s interior light on (button is inside to your left).
- If you elect to take advantage of the sensory deprivation aspect associated with floatation, please be aware this requires a complete blackout. Extra care and caution should be exercised when getting up at the end of a session as you are in complete control of the environment. When getting out of the tank please remember to turn on the light in the isolation pod.
- In an hour you will become aware of the music again, indicating time to get out. Sometimes people don’t notice the music, in which case the pod will begin to filter and the light will automatically turn on.
Please vacate the room within 10 minutes at the end of your float, as we have to prepare for the next client. Enjoy your float session!